Spring PTO Elections
On March 14, 2019, we will be holding the annual PTO Election meeting. This election will include positions for volunteer Board Members as well as volunteer Committee Chairs.
Executive Board Members: These positions are wonderful opportunities to enhance your professional skill set in a fun and rewarding manner. The folks who are up for these tasks will be joining experienced board members and will be supported as they learn the new duties of their volunteer position.
We have been without at PTO Board President for the last two school years and are hopeful we will be put in touch with an individual from the school community who is interested in taking on this role. The responsibilities of this volunteer position include:
- Presiding at all BMES PTO meetings
- Coordinating the work of the officers and committees
- Executing agendas and BMES PTO correspondence with input from the Executive Board, committee members, and school staff.
- Serving as the key PTO contact for the BMES Principal.
We are also searching for someone who is interested in stepping into the Vice President of Fundraising position. This person is primarily responsible for:
- Oversee all fundraising activities
- Work closely with committee chairs for events that are primarily fundraising in nature
- Reach out to businesses in the greater Longmont community to secure donations for BMES PTO programs and events
- Explore new opportunities to increase BMES PTO income
Committee Chairpersons & Members: Several PTO Committees will be seeking help next school year. If you’re looking for volunteer opportunities allowing you to help mostly on your own schedule, the following would be excellent options for you.
- Turkey Trot Co-chair– You’ll be joining a highly skilled team to help plan the Annual Turkey Trot Fundraiser.
- Box Tops Co-chair– You’ll work with the current committee chair to plan biannual contests and count contributions. This is a great committee for those who may have very limited time to be at the school.
- Spirit Events Co-chair– You’ll join the current committee chair and learn the ropes of how to work with local business to host BMES PTO Spirit Events for fundraising efforts.
- Teacher Appreciation Co-chair– You’ll join the current committee chair to help plan and execute a handful of teacher and staff appreciation events throughout the school year.Are you interested or do you want more information? Please email VP of Communications, Emma Graham, for more details. She is happy to help you get the info you need to make your decision. We would REALLY love to have you join our group!
BMES PTO strives to augment learning opportunities for our students, support our teachers’ efforts, and strengthen connections between all who are involved with Blue Mountain Elementary.
We do this by promoting the involvement of all parents and legal guardians and encouraging positive communication and cooperation between faculty, students, parents, legal guardians and the community at large. We raise funds to supplement the limited budget provided to our school by the state.
Every parent/guardian and teacher at Blue Mountain is an automatic member of BMES PTO. We do not charge dues to be a part of the organization. However, the work we do is not possible without volunteers who contribute their time and talent. We invite you to get involved- your children and our community are well worth it! Feel free to contact us at email@example.com